Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Jan Porterfield Watercolors

I just love the colors and intricate, yet bold floral designs. Aren't they fabulous? And who could not love this circus chicken?

Jan died from colorectal cancer last year. Her husband Jeff has lovingly set up a store featuring some of her work: Jan Porterfield Watercolors

He is generously donating all proceeds from sales to charity.


I marvel the beauty of Jan's work, the love and devotion of her husband, and the ability for us all to use the world-wide web to make world-wide connections. I don't think I would have been able to witness Jan's legacy without it.

And I am so buying that circus chicken print soon! What joy it will bring our family. I hope you all have the opportunity of art in your life!

2 comments:

Hayley Townley, Jack of Many Trades said...

Everybody needs a circus chicken.

[picture me doing the chicken dance]

They are fabulous - thanks for sharing.

Susan said...

Thanks for sharing this, Margerie. I'm definitely going to order something. Shall I write you a letter on a notecard?